3-Day Safari in Colombia
CAUTION: THE NEXT SAFARI TRIP IS FOR ADVENTURERS ONLY
The vast plains of Colombia, shelter some of Colombia’s best wildlife watching and natural diversity. A safari trip to the llanos travelling in open jeeps or on horseback through the plains in search of vast groups of capybaras, deer, anacondas and myriad bird species is a MUST if you are an adventurer.
Your Safari in Colombia will take you to an unparalleled world filled with large mammals, reptiles and a great diversity of birds.
You will search our “BIG-5”: The Jaguar, The Giant Anteater, The Anaconda, The Giant Otter, and The Capybara.
Additionally, you will enjoy walks, canoe tours, horseback riding and bicycle tours.
Included24/7 AssistanceEnglish Speaking GuidesServices as described
Not IncludedDomestic FlightsInternational FlightsPersonal expensesServices not describedTipsTransportationTravel insurance
Day 1: Yopal - Altagracia - El Lagunazo
- You will be received in the morning at “El Alcaraván” airport, in the region's capital: El Yopal.
- Here, the registration for your next flight will be done and you will get a safety briefing.
- After breakfast, you will board your plane for an unforgettable experience. You can relax on your flight over stunning landscapes, and an hour later, before landing, you will fly over the impressive Altagracia lagoon with a size of over 500 hectares.
- You will land in one of the reserve's small communities, called El Lagunazo.
- Here the locals already wait for you, and you will enjoy a great lunch.
- In the afternoon, you get the chance to hike and paddle with a canoe through the lagoon, observe huge numbers of birds, as well as capybaras and deer.
- The sunset you will experience here is indescribably beautiful. The locals will tell you about their lifestyle and culture before you carry on to your lodge.
- Dinner will be served, and afterwards, a night hike is waiting for you where you will try to spot the creatures of the night, the nocturnal animals that inhabit the plains.
Day 2: San Andrés - Caño Yatea river
- This is the best time for spotting birds and taking amazing pictures, so you might want to get up really early. Close to the lodge, you will probably also find giant anteaters roaming the landscape.
- After breakfast, you take your truck to San Andrés and one of its lagoons, where giant otters are fishing in the mornings. Here you will also try to spot the intimidating, yet fascinating anaconda.
- Later today, you take an excursion to Caño Yatea river and its riverside forest, both with a great diversity of species.
- By the end of the day, you will return to the lodge, enjoy a delicious dinner by the bonfire and listen to the incredible stories about the area from the owners.
Day 3: El Lagunazo - El Yopal
- After that, you will go into the forests of Buenaventura, where you will look for traces of large mammals. Different birds will be all around you in these ecosystems made out of forests, flooded savanna and mangroves.
- Lunch will be waiting for you at a wonderful little place within the reservation.
- To end this trip the best way possible, your truck will bring you to the airport on a road with stunning views of the lagoon, before you board your plane back to El Yopal.
- After this magnificent adventure, your baggage will be loaded with fantastic memories and experiences.
- In El Yopal you can take the last plane out in the evening heading towards new adventures.
From USD 4500